Do you want to make a difference? We have opportunities in a variety of areas:
We also have opportunities to donate to our our cause.
“Giving is not just about making a donation. It is about making a difference.” Kathy Calvin
Our Current Greatest Needs
We are looking for help with our Pop-Up Thrift Store. It would entail some muscle helping set up a tent and fixtures in the. morning and then helping to take down in the evening or late afternoon. Help is also needed with other tasks that are more fun with a friend volunteering with you. Contact Lucy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers are needed to help with planning and promoting the upcoming Fall Event scheduled for September. Our goal is to raise awareness of the services Memory Matters provides and raise much-needed funding. Contact Janet at 435.319.0407 or email@example.com.
We are also looking for individuals who can volunteer their time to assist with grant writing to help us keep our services going. We meet twice a month as a working grant committee. Contact Janet at 435.319.0407 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ways to Volunteer:
1. Memory Activity Class Volunteers: Help with our activity groups.
2. Shelving: We are in need of shelving for our thrift store and for the storage unit.
2. Paper Crafters and Artists: Use our tools to create projects for our dementia activity group. We have a Circuit, embosser, cutters, stamps, etc.
3. Early Stage Memory Loss Class Volunteers: Help with registration and assisting with the cognitive training activities.
4. Support Group Facilitators: Help with existing groups.
5. Event Planning/Special Events: Help create awareness and raise funds to support our programs and services.
6. Grant Committee Volunteers: Meet Thursday afternoons to review grant possibilities and work as a team to prepare grant applications.
7. Office Volunteers: Answer phones, input data, update Facebook and send out emails.
8. Caregiver Call Back Volunteers: will contact our clients and see how they are doing with new information and referrals.
9. Good Morning Sunshine Reassurance Program: Check on individuals by phone who subscribed or have been referred to the service.
If you would like to volunteer please contact:
Janet Labrum: Program Director